Friday, August 6, 2010

Should i put water repellent on my wood floor, before I apply the polyurathane and stain?

or is it okay to put the repellent after the staining has been done. I would think before.


thanksShould i put water repellent on my wood floor, before I apply the polyurathane and stain?
There's absolutely no need to put a water repellant on the wood floor, especially if it's interior wood. The polyurethan is more than enough protection against damage from water.Should i put water repellent on my wood floor, before I apply the polyurathane and stain?
No, that's what the polyurathane is for.
no
no or you going to repelle the stain you going to put on do it after you stain the floor..
You dont need to use water repellant if you are appling Polyurathane, thats for shine and water repell, i use it on my sailboat!
Most water repellants have a wax in them. if you put that down first the poly will not adhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment