Saturday, August 21, 2010

Does mosquito repellent attract bears?

I'm going camping to tomorrow with my friends, and someone told me that mosquito repellent (or plain insect repellent) attracts bears, but I don't believe this person. Should I?Does mosquito repellent attract bears?
No. I have hiked in Bear country many times and have done tons of research as well as talked to many guides. There is no research that implies repellant will attract bears. There is a chance that a fruity perfume may bring one in close enough to investigate but basically you just need to worry about food smells. Carry any snacks in ziplock bags. Make alot of noice while hiking and most Bears will avoid you.Does mosquito repellent attract bears?
I never heard of that hes pulling your leg.
nope!

No comments:

Post a Comment