Saturday, August 21, 2010

Effective repellent for wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets?

Can anyone reccommend an effective repellent (store bought or home found) for wasps, yellowjackets and hornets? I simply cannot stand them around me when I'm trying to relax outside.Effective repellent for wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets?
For yellow jackets, you need to hang traps around the edges of your property (I have 6 to 8 for 1 1/2 acres). They usually have something inside that attracts them (meat, fruit, etc.). They can get in, but can't get out!! Walk around your property and look for yellow jackets swarming around. In my area (Northern California) they build nests in the ground. Our County Agriculture Department will come out for FREE to spray the nests in the ground. (Do NOT do this yourself!!!). The County Folks always come back for a second visit to see that the yellow jackets are all gone!!





Wasps and Hornets usually build their nests next to your house, barn, etc. Spray them at night (while they are all inside) with one of the long range sprays. Start in the early spring and don't let them get settled!!!





Good Luck!!!Effective repellent for wasps, yellowjackets, and hornets?
Raid has a new product out I've saw advertised on tv.I'm going to try it myself.


It's a hang up item for yellow jackets and here in Canada costs about 6.99.


I hate them too.Actually I'm petrofied of them.They make the hair on my neck and arms stand up on end. lol.


They're supposed to work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment