Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need a natural tick repellent for my dog?

You can try mixing a small amount of garlic into your dog's food (mix in with every other feeding). HOWEVER, DO NOT DEPEND ON THE GARLIC ALONE {FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME} YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANOTHER FORM OF FLEA AND TICK CONTROL AS SOON AS IT IS POSSIBLE.Need a natural tick repellent for my dog?
I've heard that cedar oil will work. See link below. I haven't tried it myself.


http://www.cedarcide.com/productguide.as鈥?/a>Need a natural tick repellent for my dog?
Garlic is a natural deterant although I am not sure about the application.
try garlic if you feed it to your dog or even put some poweder on him the feas/tics dont like the smell and wont bother your dog.
You can also try a pyrethrin - type product. I'm not sure if it's as natural as you want--it's a manufactured chemical that occurs naturally in chrysanthymums--which is why you see rows of c.s planted around gardens frequently. Although the product is manufactured, it is chemically identical to what you would find in the flowers. It kills as well as repels many common bugs.





Or you could make a little doggie jacket and stuff the pockets with chrys's!
try a flee and tic colar at a local pet store!!


ohh and they also make a cream you can get at a vet


to help ward off ticks

No comments:

Post a Comment