Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need a good kitten furniture repellent, any suggestions?

I just got a new kitten who loves to ';go'; on my couch. would like to know if there is a good repellent to keep her off my couch. I really dont want to get rid of her, but dont have the patience to keep cleaning my couch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Need a good kitten furniture repellent, any suggestions?
A squirt bottle! Everytime she goes near the couch squirt her, she will learn, and it doesn't hurt her. Good luck, and stay consistent. My cats were never taught, and now I am kicking myself because I look like a furry cat everytime I get up off the dang couch!Need a good kitten furniture repellent, any suggestions?
its called a rolled up newspaper and you smack her with it(not hard, cause shes a kitten) whenever shes on the couch. soon, she'll get the hint ans know the couch is off limits.
clear contact paper....a hair brush full of dog hair will make her think there is a dog...spray bottle.....
There are commercial repellants available at pet supply stores.





My cat hates the smell of those sprays for sore muscles, or the decongestant gels/oils for colds, such as eucolyptus. Try putting some of this on a rag or something on the couch - I wouldn't put it on directly because it might stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment