Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Natural bug repellent for toddler at night?

My son keeps getting bug bites while sleeping. These are not bed bugs. We have a plastic mattress and wash blankets in hot water. I think they are just little mosquitos but is there something I can put on his skin before bed that will repel the bugs and stop them from biting him? Something all natural?Natural bug repellent for toddler at night?
I've always used vanilla extract. It actually works and bugs can't stand the smell of vanilla. Another one that works is peppermint oil (look in your baking/spice aisle at your grocery).





Products like Avon are not natural at all (and it doesn't work, I've tried it) and citronella oil is NOT meant to be put on skin but burned in candles or set out as a repellent in the air, but not on skin.Natural bug repellent for toddler at night?
Citronella oil, Pennyroyal oil, are both good natural oils that can be deluited with water and smell nice and usually dont irritate the skin, you can rub a small amount on the inside of the wrist to see if it doesnt suit your child. If it bubbles or shows signs of rash dont use...it works for us even on camping trips with LOTS of mosquitos! Hope it helps
I don't know how natural it is, but yesterday I got the tip that Listerine repels mosquitoes. In the past, I also heard that B vitamins and Brewer's Yeast do the trick, but that would be hard to administer to a toddler. Try rubbing him/her down on the skin with Listerine.
I get the Skin -so -soft and mix with water 1/2 %26amp; 1/2 and I also put it on our dog works really,really great just on neck and shoulder blades. Also save baby jars rinse %26amp; Clean good


get some basilleavees(Spanih section of grocery store) put some in each jar repells any kind of bug..Do not put in crib. I put some under our bed as I don't want fleas...


Best of luck....
You can try a bug lotion or spray, but I've heard from a friend that a dryer sheet keeps bugs away. I haven't tried it, but she swears by it, and takes it wherever she'll encounter mosquitos. Wouldn't hurt to try!
Citronella oil


It costs about $6.00


http://www.healthinajiffy.co.uk/images/b鈥?/a>


The EPA considers oil of citronella as a biopesticide with a non-toxic mode of action.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citronella_鈥?/a>
It's not all natural, but Avon's ';Skin So Soft'; lotion is a good repellent and it is good for baby's skin.
Neem is also another natural product you could look into getting.
Skin so soft sold by Avon. Works great for bugs, without all the terrible chemicals! You can buy it online just google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment