Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it okay to spray (repellent) OFF without deet on to a dog?

Is it okay to spray off without deet on a dog ? I still find ticks on my dog even though I put frontline plus on her.Is it okay to spray (repellent) OFF without deet on to a dog?
I wouldn't use Off. Try the spray on form of Frontline Plus. It works much better than the drops for my two dogs. Occaisionally,I will still find a tick but it will already be dead.Is it okay to spray (repellent) OFF without deet on to a dog?
There are a ton of nontoxic, aromatherapeutic sprays on the market that are better for pets... and us. Please use those instead. Many pet stores carry them now. If you have an aromatherapist in your area, get them to make one up for you. Not all essential oils are good for pets so please don't use items designed for humans on your dog.
It may not be safe for dogs. You can find a natural citronella spray that's approved for dogs. I wouldn't spray it on though either. Spray it on a damp cloth and then wipe it on your dog, so you avoid his nose, mouth and eyes.
I give my dogs, JuicePlus+ for dogs and they never have ticks and fleas, except sometimes when we have a tick when we have spent time in the woods at the park. www.juiceplus.com/+Lb53116
No!!! Please speak with your vet.
I definitely would not. They have mosquito/flea/tick repellents specifically for dogs. Please talk to your vet and get the right one for your dog.
Wouldn't suggest spaying your dog with the OFF product.You can sprinkle the 5 % Sevin dust on your pet and fleas and ticks will fall off almost instantly.It would be a good idea to hose down your lawn and then sprinkle the sevin dust on your lawn to kill all ticks and fleas.
You should talk to your vet, you my not have the right size of frontline. Are the ticks you find dead or alive?? If they are all dead, it's because as soon as they bite they die, but they are supposed to fall off. If they are still alive I would check if you have the right size and then talk to your vet. I don't know if OFF is safe. It probably won't kill her if you use it once, but I wouldn't recommend it, either way, f you do use OFF you'll keep having to reapply it. Try other options and brands, talk to your vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment